How To Roast Chicken In The Oven In 5 Steps


Grilling a whole chicken can be challenging in some cases. I also had some issues when I tested the first example, but I can brag now that I made the best roast chicken in the world. Better than the ones in the restaurant!

chicken roast


To make this mouthwatering restaurant specific recipe, I simply adhere to the following methods:


STEP 1: Select a chicken

Get a decent sized chicken and once you open the plastic wrap give it a good rinse under cold water. Make sure you rinse the inside of the chicken too! You can also use frozen chicken if it's in the freezer.


Tip: I don't defrost chicken in the microwave because it tends to dry out the meat and tastes different. Instead, I filled the saucepan with warm water and submerged the frozen chicken in the water. Make sure you get a pot cock that is big enough to be completely underwater. Within 60 minutes, the chicken should not be frozen. Then I'll give it a good rinse in water (also in) and let's move on to the next phase. Second tip: I also add two teaspoons of salt to the water. This will soften the iced meat.


STEP 2: Seasoning - here's the fun segment!

You can use a pinch of salt here as well as some spices bought from the local grocery store, but I wanted to be creative. First I pour olive oil all over the chicken. You can also use sunflower oil but I prefer olive oil. Then I used a paper towel and removed the excess olive oil. This way the spices or herbs will stick better to the surface of the chicken skin and the skin may also get a much better taste and it will crust up.


As for seasoning, the possibilities are endless! I used a little ground black pepper, a little paprika, sea salt plus some fresh herbs: fresh basil, sage, dill, thyme and parsley. I use the same herbal mixture for the cavity of the cock as well. I also place a number of garlic cloves in the cavity because I love garlic. If you like it hot, you can also try something more exotic like: wasabi or cilantro that is rubbed in the cavity of the chicken before grilling. Tip: Place fresh lemon in the chicken. The flavor of your chicken will be enhanced and it will remain moist. I discovered that from the famous cooking master Jamie Oliver



STEP 3: Roast chicken

Preheat oven to 165F (74 Celsius) and bring the pan where you put the chicken. Make sure the skillet is large enough so that the cooked juice doesn't spill into the oven. I make use of this type of juice to make a delicious sauce for that roast chicken. Place the chicken in the oven and change the temperature to 180 degrees Celsius for 50 minutes. This temperature is determined by the dimensions of the chicken. If you have large chickens, you can increase the temperature of the cake but never exceed 400F or 205 Celsius because you will burn the chicken! Occasionally try the chicken with a fork, when the juice is clear it means that the chicken is grilled. Tip: after thirty-five minutes of baking I take the pan from the oven and sprinkle red wine or a few drops of brandy on the chicken - not much! (We don't have to get drunk :-D) This will give him a fantastic taste! After that, let the chicken roast in the oven for 1/4 hour. Second tip: I use a little water in the pan and also in that water I add two to three fresh lemons to enhance the taste Tip three: The inside temperature is at least 165 F (74 Celsius) needed to kill microorganisms


STEP 4: Sauce

When you take the chicken out of the oven, you can make a sauce! For now I will not be using the sauce from the backed chicken. Like I said, I love garlic: -D and I'll make sour cream and garlic sauce. For this I need one cup of sour cream (low fat), five cloves of garlic (powder), half a tablespoon of oregano, a pinch of black pepper and a teaspoon of lemon juice. Mix it together and then you we got a fine mixture pour a tablespoon of milk to make it smoother.


STEP 5: Roast chicken - serving options

While chicken can be eaten very well like this, you can add flavor if you add garnish. Here the possibilities are countless. I love mine with "natural" sweet potatoes with butter and some rosemary.

Post a Comment

0 Comments